- Purpose of Form :
- To determine whether an applicant for adjustment of status is admissible to the United States on medical grounds.
- Number of Pages :
- Instructions: 7; Form: 5.
- Edition Date :
- 06/05/08. Previous editions will be accepted only for medical exams conducted before August 1, 2008. Medical exams conducted on or after August 1, 2008, require use of the 06/05/08 edition (link at bottom of page).
- Where to File :
- Submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, with your Form I-485 package, to the Service Center or District Office where you are filing your adjustment of status application.
- Filing Fee :
- Special Instructions :
- The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who has been designated by USCIS as a civil surgeon. For the current list of civil surgeons in your area, check the Civil Surgeon Locator Tool located under “Related Links” in the upper right corner of this web page. You may also obtain the names and phone numbers of the designated civil surgeons in your area by calling USCIS' National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You will be asked to provide your zip code. Please have a pen or pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons in your area.
Form I-693 has been revised in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updates to the Technical Instructions for the Tuberculosis (TB) Component of the Civil Surgeon Medical Exam and the Technical Instructions for Vaccinations. The revised Technical Instructions for TB include new requirements for the TB component of the medical exam and became effective 05/01/08. The revised Technical Instructions for Vaccinations include new age-specific vaccination requirements and became effective 07/01/08. A link for these updates is listed under “Related Links” in the upper right corner of this web page.
The results of the medical examination are generally valid for only 12 months. Applicants should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time they file for adjustment of status.
DISCLAIMER: Global law Centers does not make any representation or warranty as to legality, accuracy, correctness or acceptance of Global law Centers generated legal forms by U.S Dept of Homeland Security, USCIS, DOL or State Department. Global Law Centers does not state or imply any guarantee should you decide to use a our office generated form. We recommend that you use the form after consulting an immigration attorney or any other expert knowledgeable in the immigration laws of the applicable jurisdiction and the specific intended use of those forms. ALWAYS check if you have the current/updated version of your form before sending to any government agency! Global Law Centers cannot accept responsibility for any individual using these forms under her/his own volition furthermore use of these forms in no way constitutes an attorney client relationship with Global Law Centers.